Dry, thirsty, brittle hair? Give your locks a drink with this DIY hair mask. This video outlines all the steps and ingredients needed, so you’ll know how to make a hair mask and how to use a hair mask. Lavender essential oil adds a floral scent, while Rosemary essential oil offers an invigorating, herbaceous aroma. Combine these with coconut oil and you’ve got a coconut oil hair mask infused with essential oils that will leave your hair deeply hydrated, with the subtle scent of a springtime garden.
• Small glass bowl
• Small saucepan
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 2 drops of Lavender essential oil
• 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
• Spray bottle of any size, filled with water
• Wide-toothed comb
1. Rest the rim of a small pot or glass cup inside the edge of a larger pot filled halfway with boiling water to act as a double boiler.
2. Add coconut oil to the glass bowl and warm until liquefied.
3. Add essential oils to the coconut oil.
4. Mix the ingredients together. Let cool and slightly thicken.
5. Put a towel over your shoulders to catch any drips.
6. Dampen your hair with a spray bottle.
7. Using your hands, apply the mixture to your hair and gently comb to disperse the mask.
8. Let the mask sit for 30–60 minutes before rinsing.
9. Wash and style your hair as usual.
For more glimpses into the fun, excitement, and connection that being a Young Living member brings, subscribe to see more videos like this!
Want more? Follow us on our social media to get great DIY projects, tips on using our essential oils, and the next events that you can be a part of!