Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Patchouli oil has recently grown in popularity over the last few years due to its incredible health promoting abilities and unique compounds and properties. Patchouli oil has tremendous antiseptic, astringent, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, among many others. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits associated with patchouli oil.
1. First, patchouli oil can help to reduce inflammation for those individuals who use it, even chronic inflammation. This is often associated with its antiphlogistic properties. This makes this oil especially helpful as reducing the symptoms associated with inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, as well as numerous skin conditions and other types of disease.
2. Patchouli oil can also help to prevent and reduce the risk of developing certain types of infections and disease. This is because of its potent antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. This not only helps to prevent infections and fungal growth such as athletes foot, but can also help to keep the immune system healthy and prevent disease. To obtain these benefits, you can apply just a few drops of the oil onto the infected area.
3. Regular use of patchouli oil can also help to promote calmness and relaxation while even helping to relieve feelings of depression and anxiety. This is why this oil is often used in aromatherapy due to its calming and depressant remedying effects. It can help with the release of serotonin and dopamine, hormones that can help to ease feelings of anxiety and depression and increase energy naturally. Due to the complexity of these conditions, also consult your medical practitioner for further treatment and prevention methods in this regard.
4. It can also help to promote sleep and feelings of restfulness. In fact, patchouli oil can help to reduce insomnia and works as a natural sedative. This is often associated with its natural calming effect and feelings of relaxation. These natural sedative properties can best be experienced through aromatherapy or also applies topically by rubbing the oil on your neck, chest and temples prior to going to sleep.
5. Lastly, patchouli oil can help to improve the health and look of your skin. It can help to keep your skin looking healthy, young and more vibrant. This is due to the oil’s ability to help regenerate new skin cells and keep the skin moisturized and reduce dryness. Also, due to its anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties, it can help to reduce unwanted skin ailments, such as acne, oily skin and eczema.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy, foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Words by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)