Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Herbs have long been used for their ability to help enhance the flavour of the foods we eat, but are now gaining in popularity for their high levels of nutrition and health promoting abilities. Though not as well known as other herbs, such as oregano and basil, marjoram is now gaining recognition with health conscious individuals for its many health benefits. It can be added to healthy food recipes or even your favourite smoothie. Before consuming marjoram, discuss with your medical practitioner to make sure it is right for you and for correct dosages. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits consuming marjoram regularly.
1. First, marjoram is an excellent source of nutrition. It contains many important vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are important for the health of our body. It is a good source of vitamin K, iron, manganese, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin B6 to name a few. It also contains good levels of dietary fibre and contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
2. Consuming marjoram can also help to improve overall digestion and relieve digestive related ailments. It can help to stimulate food through the digestive tract while also improving digestive efficiency. This has the benefit of promoting regular bowel movements and also increasing the nutrient uptake from the healthy foods we eat. As well, marjoram can help to relieve common digestive conditions such as cramps, bloating and gas.
3. Marjoram is also very heart healthy and can help to reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease. It is packed with many potent antioxidant compounds that work to protect the heart and reduce free radicals and inflammation that can damage the cardiovascular system. As well, it can help to reduce blood pressure naturally and promote the health of our blood vessels.
4. It also is able to boost our immunity and strengthen the immune system while also reducing the risk of certain types of disease. This is often attributed to marjoram’s excellent antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties. This allows marjoram to be effective at reducing common cold and flu symptoms. Also, the high levels of nutrition and many antioxidant compounds make marjoram effective in this regard.
5. Lastly, consuming marjoram regularly can also improve overall skin health and the skin’s appearance. The antioxidants in marjoram can reduce and eliminate skin damaging free radicals and oxidative stress while also preventing signs of premature aging such as wrinkles and fine lines. Due to its antiseptic, antimicrobial and inflammation fighting properties, it can also help to treat skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.